Ideal for heavy handling tasks, the UR20 is the first in Universal Robots’ next generation of industrial cobots designed to assist more applications in a multitude of industries. With a payload capacity of 20kg and a reach of 1750mm the UR20 is built for higher payloads whilst maintaining high precision and quality. The cobot’s new robust joint allows for faster speeds and superior motion control all within a lightweight small footprint system.
What industries would the UR20 benefit?
- Packaging & Palletising – The longer reach of the UR20 enables the cobot to palletise standard EURO pallets and can stack up to 2m in height.
- Machine Tending – The UR20 can be mounted in any position and is lightweight enough to move around the machine shop floor. The versatility of the UR20 allows for the cobot to process larger dimension parts to CNC machines including cutting, punching, drilling, machining and forming, as well as operating machine tending doors.
- Parts Handling & Assembly – The UR20’s greater payload allows for heavier product handling. Manufacturing and assembly of large equipment such as diesel engines, driveline, transmission and battery assemblies often require human robot collaboration.
- Welding – The small footprint of the UR20 allows for multiple robots to be utilised in the same production cell in applications where reaching for long seams of parts and components is typically required.
What are the features of the UR20 collaborative robot?
- Up to 30% more speed and torque
- Advanced motion control
- Increased payload capacity up to 20kg
- Industry leading reach for its payload
- Lightweight design with a small footprint making it easy to integrate into any existing production line.